Installation Manual (.pdf)
The stainless steel solar hot water storage tank is designed for production of domestic hot water from either a solar collector or an electric element. The tank is equipped with a double wall heat exchanger to transfer heat from the solar collectors.
This solar tank is equipped with a stainless steel sensor stud for sensor mounting. The tank also has an additional stainless steel element located in the upper portion of the tank, which monitors and controls the operation of an electric back up heat source to maintain the desired water temperature.
The tank is an integral finned tube design constructed of 90/10 CU/NI.
The electric element is constructed of stainless steel incoloy with a brass screw base. The outer tank shell is constructed of high density polyethylene plastic with 2” of CFC free polyurethane foam insulation.
Stainless Steel Solar Tanks:
- 316L stainless steel construction with tolerance for high temperatures
- Superior resistance to corrosion
- High output double wall heat exchanger provides maximum efficiency to transfer energy from the solar panels into hot water
- High output electric back up element, constructed of high grade stainless steel incoloy making it more resistant for long life
- Environmentally safe CFC free water blown, extra thick foam insulation allows less than ½ ° F per hour heat loss, the best in the industry
- Outer shell constructed of black finished durable plastic for rust and impact resistance
- 10 year residential warranty, 7 year commercial warranty
- Easy to install and maintain
- Factory supplied temperature and pressure relief valve
- SRCC OG300 Certified – applies to Federal Tax Credit when connected to a solar panel
Item# Tank Size Description
915-016 60 Gallon Stainless Steel Solar Tank w/one double wall coil heat exchanger & electric element
915-017 80 Gallon Stainless Steel Solar Tank w/one double wall coil heat exchanger & electric element
915-018 119 Gallon Stainless Steel Solar Tank w/one double wall coil heat exchanger & electric element